Learner/Permanent Driving License Application & Appointment System
I. For obtaining Learner License:
College students should contact their principal’s office for applying for Learner License. Approach your nearest customer service center or Licensing Authority RTO.
Eligibility for obtaining of Learner License:
- Age greater than 16 years but are less than 18 years are eligible for a License to drive only a motor cycle up to 50cc engine capacity i.e. motor cycle without gear. For this, they require the consent of their parents / guardians.
- Age greater than 18 years are eligible to obtain License for a motor cycle equipped with gears and also for a Light Motor Vehicle [Motor Car].
- Age greater than 20 years of age are eligible to obtain a License to drive a transport vehicle, i.e., a vehicle used to carry passengers or goods for hire or reward etc. such as taxi, auto rickshaw, bus or truck but they must have passed middle standard examination i.e. 8th standard.
However, no person shall be granted a Learner’s License to drive a medium or heavy goods vehicle or passenger vehicle unless he has held a driving License valid for a light motor vehicle (LMV) for at least one year.
A Learner’s License is essential for obtaining a driving License.
It is mandatory to present yourself in front of Licensing Authority to obtain the learner License Licensing authority will conduct the test of applicant and passes candidates are allowed to obtain the Learner License. Here digital data for the applicant is captured
Documents required to apply for Learner License:
- Fee of Rs. 150/- for each category of Vehicle applied (Plus Rs. 50/- for LL Test).
- Applications in Form 1, Form 1A [Medical Certificates as issued by any M.B.B.S. doctor] and Form 2. [These Forms can be downloaded from website]
- Three recent passport size photographs.
- Proof of your ordinarily residing address any one of the following documents:
- Electoral Roll (Voter ID Card)
- Life Insurance Policy
- Pay slip issued by any office of the Central Government or a State Government or a local body.
- Proof of your date of birth any one of the following documents:
- School Certificate
- Birth Certificate
Effectiveness and Validity:
Learner License is valid for a period of six months from the date of issue Learner License is effective throughout India.
II. For obtaining Permanent License:
Approach your nearest customer service center or Licensing Authority RTO.
Eligibility for obtaining of Permanent License
Valid Learner’s License, where Learner License is issued 30 days before the application date.
It is mandatory to present yourself in front of Licensing Authority to obtain the Permanent License
Documents required to apply for Permanent License
- Fee of Rs. 300/- for each category of Vehicle applied.
- Fee of Rs. 200/- for Smart Card
- Application in Form 4
- Certificate of competence to drive vehicle
- For transport vehicle classes, Certificate Issued by Driving Training School
Effectiveness and Validity:
Permanent License issued is valid throughout India. Permanent License is issued for 20 years or upto 50 years of age whichever is earlier. Permanent License issued for transport vehicle will be valid for three years.
Location : RTO OFFICE, MHOW ROAD, NEAR HINGORIYA | City : Neemuch | PIN Code : 458441
Phone : 07423-280435